Our Investments Translate into Better Vision Results
Laser-assisted Cataract Surgery Might be Right for You
Incisions during cataract surgery are necessary to allow your cataract doctor to gently break up and remove the cloudy lens. Your new replacement Intraocular Lens (IOL) is also put into place through this incision.
Traditional cataract surgery involves making the incision with a hand-held blade. While this method can still be effective, at The Wright Eye Center we have also invested in blade-free cataract surgery technology: the CATALYS® Precision Laser System.
How CATALYS Works
This femtosecond technology uses automated, computer-controlled laser pulses to create incisions on the lens capsule, crystalline lens and cornea for precisely tailored and accurate results. Each procedure is based on a high-resolution, 3D surgical platform for both the incision and lens fragmentation. For most patients the procedure takes between 15-30 minutes and only causes mild discomfort after the procedure.
Benefits of Blade-free Cataract Surgery
- Procedure is quicker and more comfortable
- Surgery is more precise for your unique eye and results are more accurate
- Surrounding tissue is protected
- A 3D map is made of your eye prior to surgery and used during each step of the procedure to allow your doctor to provide an individually tailored treatment plan
- The laser is programmable and computer-guided
- May reduce the risks associated with increased eye pressure due to a liquid optics interface
Thanks to recent advancements in technology and surgical techniques, cataract surgery has become one of the safest and most effective surgical procedures performed today. At The Wright Eye Center, we’ve performed over 40,000 cataract surgeries, helping many patients restore clarity and vibrancy to their vision.
To find out if laser cataract surgery in Colorado Springs is right for you, contact us today to schedule a cataract consultation.