JOHN WRIGHT, D.O.
Dr. Wright has traveled all over the world to bring the best in eye care to Colorado Springs, CO. His travels include Moscow Research Institute of Eye Microsurgery to study with Dr. Fyodorov in 1985, Berlin’s Augin Clinic to train with Dr. Seiler in 1989 and Bogota Colombia with Dr. Ruiz in 1995. Dr. Wright has also visited some of the top cataract surgeons’ facilities in the United States.
Always dedicated to staying on the leading edge of ophthalmology, Dr. Wright was the first to perform laser vision correction in Colorado.
He was also first in Colorado to:
- First surgeon in Colorado to perform the Visian® ICL™ implantable contact lens procedure.
- First surgeon in Colorado to use the excimer laser.
DR. BRANT GEHLER, O.D.
Dr. Gehler has been with The Wright Eye Center since 1989. He received a Bachelor of Arts at The University of Minnesota in 1981. In 1989 he received his Doctor of Optometry. He has extensive knowledge of pre and post-operative management of refractive surgery patients and has worked closely with Dr. Wright for many years.
He was one of the first optometrists in the United States to have first-hand experience in treating laser patients and was one of the first to attend a certifying course for the excimer laser sponsored by Summit Technology.
Dr. Gehler is also a VIP (visually improved patient) of The Wright Eye Center, having had LASIK in October of 2001.
STEVEN P. CLANCY, O.D.
With 14 years in primary care optometry in military hospital settings including refractive surgery co‐management, Dr. Clancy specializes in contact lens services and comprehensive treatment of ocular disease.
DR. GEORGE L. ADAMS III, O.D., MBA
Dr. Adams is an experienced administrative and healthcare professional with a track record of successfully and enthusiastically tackling challenges. He has strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and is adept in working with diverse individuals.
Dr. Adams ensured the issue of Combat Eye Protection to all soldiers for use in training and combat, which is now the standard for the U.S. Army. Dr. Adams developed the current Vision Readiness Program for the U.S. Army. He developed the current credentials form for Army Optometry. His work in the Army led him to be the President, Armed Forces Optometric Society (1998-1999).
Garrett Rota, D.O., M.S.
Dr. Rota is a general ophthalmologist who provides a wide range of eye care including cataract surgery, glaucoma, dry eye and refractive surgery such as LASIK. He is passionate about providing high quality and compassionate care while building lasting relationships with his patients. Dr. Rota emphasizes the importance of seeing each patient as an individual, and advocating to make the best care plan together. Dr. Rota grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and attended Colorado State University where he completed a Bachelors and Master’s degree.
- He completed Medical School in Denver at Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- He served as chief resident during his residency training at Kettering Health in Dayton, Ohio. This vigorous program included high volume surgical and medical training.
- Dr. Rota sought out world-class academic ophthalmology training at renowned institutes such as Wills Eye Institute and Stanford University.
- Dr. Rota enjoys spending time outdoors camping, hiking, biking and skiing with his wife, 3 young children and their dog.
- Along with his love for traveling, he emphasizes the importance of providing care to the underserved population and has served in several international medical mission trips and hopes to continue this in the future.